- 2019-01-03 00:00:00Australia is a vast country that relies on efficient transport to move people to their destinations, freight to consumers and produce from paddock to port. Rail is a cost effective transport option for freight, particularly over long distances with heavy loads.
- 2019-03-21 00:00:00Australia is a vast island nation and our people are dispersed across the thousands upon thousands of kilometres that make up our unique economic and social landscape.
- 2019-03-27 00:00:00A CSIRO pilot study into the supply chain benefits of Inland Rail has found significant cost reductions.
- 2019-04-03 00:00:00The Australian Government is committed to maximising the benefits of the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail for regional Australia, the freight industry and the nation.
- 2019-07-22 00:00:00Workshops with local councils, farmers and industry along the Inland Rail alignment between Narromine to Seymour are underway, to collect data and local input as part of the first phase of a CSIRO supply chain mapping study.
- 2019-07-29 00:00:00Inland Rail is making a big impact in Parkes and benefits are also being felt well beyond the alignment.
- 2019-08-21 00:00:00Over the coming months we will engage state and local governments, community, track operators and supply chain managers to canvas ideas for projects to take forward under the Inland Rail Interface Improvement Program (II Program).
- 2019-08-30 00:00:00Today, Minister Michael McCormack and Minister Mark Coulton officially opened the North West Connection, the first completed section of greenfield track along the Parkes to Narromine alignment.
- 2019-09-12 00:00:00More than 450 delegates from community, government, industry and the university sector were in Toowoomba on 21 and 22 August to attend the 2019 Annual Inland Rail Conference and hear first-hand the opportunities that Inland Rail brings to the freight industry and our regions.