Jobs and contracts
- Visit the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) supplier portal to learn about becoming an Inland Rail supplier. Current business opportunities available in your region are listed on TenderLink.
- ARTC has also partnered with Industry Capability Network (ICN) to help match suppliers to Inland Rail projects.
Inland Rail delivers opportunities for business growth, market expansion and supply chain cost savings. Individuals can also work on construction of local project sections and should look out for opportunities advertised by major contractors.
Learn more about the supplier business requirements.
Supporting Australian business through construction
Australian businesses are benefiting from Inland Rail stimulus with contracts to supply:
- $25 million in ballast and capping (800,000 tonnes) from Parkes-based companies Calvani Crushing and Ausrock Quarries.
- $20 million in steel rail (14,000 tonnes) supplied by Liberty OneSteel Whyalla, South Australia.
- $20 million awarded to Rocla, Mittagong for 200,000 concrete sleepers.
- $13 million worth of culverts weighing 26,625 tonnes from Holcim, Tamworth.
- 365,000 rail clips from Pandrol, Blacktown.
Construction of Inland Rail began on the Parkes to Narromine section on 13 December 2018 and completed on 15 September 2020.
During construction, almost $110 million was spent with 99 local businesses supplying services and materials.
Construction of the second section of Inland Rail between Narrabri and North Star began on 27 November 2020.
Since construction commenced on this section, $32.3 million has been spent with 116 local businesses supplying services and materials to the project.
The construction of Inland Rail is supporting a range of local job opportunities such as earthmoving plant operators, designers, engineers, schedulers, railway track workers, and labourers.
“If we add 10 jobs… just through the construction part of Inland Rail, we actually get 27 jobs as a result. That’s because it multiplies out, and it increases our output by twice that amount. When we look at the value adding that those new jobs bring, it’s nearly three times. That’s just construction.” Susan Benedyka, Hume Regional Development Association
Check the status of Inland Rail planning and construction in your state.