Northern NSW Regional Intelligence report
The Northern New South Wales Regional Intelligence report found Inland Rail can support another 310 full-time jobs for the area from Goondiwindi to just below Narromine by the rail line’s 10th year of operation.
As a cumulative effect, the project is capable of delivering a $1.7 billion boost to gross regional product in today’s dollars over a 50-year period. These outcomes will build on the jobs and economic uplift from construction and operation outlined in the 2015 business case for Inland Rail.
This study provides detail on regional opportunities from Inland Rail across 16 local government areas in Northern New South Wales and includes:
- A profile of the region’s population, economic contribution to the state, sources of freight and industries experiencing growth over time
- An explanation of the 2 kinds of economic uplift expected with Inland Rail including supply chain efficiencies and value chain growth, and the formation of industry hubs
- A selection of current government and private sector investments in the region as well as local and international case studies
- The enduring boost in jobs and gross regional product from Inland Rail as shown in the 10th, 30th and 50th year of operation
- Specific investment opportunities for the region
A technical report is also available with a detailed summary of the research approach, methodology and supporting analysis.